Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Get Wells for my Ears

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

This morning, Mom and Dad woke me up at 6 a.m.! After I got up, Dad changed my diaper and instead of taking me to breakfast, he put me in the car! I was very confused. We drove very slowly in the ice and snow to the hospital for surgery on my ears. When we got there, they put me in this funny gown and told me that my doctor was having trouble getting out of his driveway! Thank goodness the hospital had a play room, so I went in there and made friends with this girl named Story. I played for almost an hour and a half before my doc got there! As soon as he came in, these nice nurses came to get me and took me back to the operating room. They told Mom and Dad that I didn't fuss one bit! Mom and Dad had only been waiting for about 20 minutes before the doc came back in to tell tham I had done great! About 5 minutes later, the nurses brought me back to Mom and Dad. I was very fussy. The nurse told Mom that my ears probably felt funny because I could suddenly hear everything! They also said that I probably felt a little drunk because I am not used to having balance! Mom and Dad gave me juice and breakfast and I was instantly fine. I hung out for a little bit and then we got to come home. I had lunch and slept for over 3 hours! Mom says that after I woke up, you couldn't even tell that I had surgery on my ears today! Mom and Dad keep telling me how proud they are of me for being so good today!
















5 comments:

Savanna Hope said...

I'm so glad that your surgery went well! Mommy prayed for you while she was at our hospital ER for 7 hours today.
Hope you keep feeling better and better.
Love,
Savanna

Trevor said...

you're a trouper, sadie. even in an ice storm.

do you guys have electricity?

Trevor said...

You're a trouper Sadie. Even in an ice storm!

Shelly said...

I remember Tanner looking like that in the sweet little gown when she had both sets of tubes put in! Hope it helps!

Holly said...

Great job ALL the way around Sadie! You totally rock!

The Number of People at My Party