Thursday, October 4, 2007

Not much longer...

Thursday, October 4, 2007
I went to the doc today and had another ultrasound. The measured her length and weight again she is approximately 7 pounds! The doctor, Brian, and I discussed whether or not we wanted to schedule a c-section and after weighing all the reasons for having one, i.e. the baby is big, babies with diabetic mothers tend to get stuck in the birth canal due to putting on excessive weight in different places, and I have tested positive for group strep B (which means I am just a carrier). I talked to the doc for a long time and discussed my fear of having a long labor and then having to have a c-section anyway. I would hate to have to recover from a vaginal delivery as well as a c-section! She explained that most diabetic mothers do have to have a c-section, so we decided to go head and schedule it.

Sadie will be born sometime on the 23-25th, depending on when the hospital can schedule me in. I should know within the next day or two!

I am excited about having a date set so that I can meet my chubby little girl! It also gives me a countdown to getting rid of PUPPP. Most moms would be able to deliver at 37 weeks (which would only give me a little over a week), but since children with diabetic mothers tend to have lungs that mature a little slower, the only way I would be able to deliver earlier is if I had an amino. I don't think it is worth having her a few days earlier to go through and pay for that procedure, so I will just have to itch for a few more days!

Keep us in your prayers that Sadie does not try to come early again and also that my PUPPP will stay bearable and I can get some sleep!

P.S. I am so glad that Sadie will be home for Halloween!

0 comments:

The Number of People at My Party