Sunday, June 17, 2007

We are halfway done!

Sunday, June 17, 2007

We've made it to the halfway mark, woo hoo! The top of my uterus is at the level of my belly button now, and I've gained 4 pounds. I have been feeling the baby move since around 16 weeks, but this last week I have been feeling her everyday and her kicks are definitely getting stronger! Brian has been able to feel her move too!


Sadie weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. She's also around 10 inches from head to heel. A greasy white substance called vernix caseosa coats her entire body to protect her skin during its long submersion in amniotic fluid. (This slick coating also eases the journey down the birth canal.)She baby is swallowing more, which is good practice for her digestive system. She's also producing meconium, a black, sticky substance that's the result of cell loss, digestive secretion, and swallowed amniotic fluid. This meconium will accumulate in her bowels, and we'll see it in her first messy diaper (although a few babies pass it in utero or during delivery).

0 comments:

The Number of People at My Party