Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I can hear you...can you hear me?

Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Today I had to go back to the special doctor and have a follow up hearing test done. Mom and Dad got up really early and let me sleep in my car seat until the doctor was ready to see me. They hadn't let me drink any milk for 5 hours and I was realllly hungry. I was such a good girl and didn't even cry once! Mommy let me suck on my razorback paci while the nice lady scrubbed my face and ears with this stuff that smelled like oranges. After that, another lady came in and gave me this yucky medicine. It made me really sleepy right away. Daddy laid me down on the bed and cuddled with me until I fell asleep. I don't remember anything after that, but mommy said that the doctor put these things in my ears and measured my brain waves to see if I could hear certain sounds. The doc told mommy that she wishes all babies did as well as I did. I didn't wake up once and I passed my test in my sleep! I hope all tests are that easy. When I was all done, mommy gave me some yummy juice and let me go back to sleep. I came home and was a big eater, but I wanted to go right back to sleep when I was done. Mom and Dad said they knew I could hear. And you know what? The more and more I talk to them they can hear me too!

By the way, I weigh 14 lbs and am 24.5 inches long now!


0 comments:

The Number of People at My Party