Monday, May 14, 2007

Monday, May 14, 2007

At around 4 inches long, crown to rump, our baby now weighs about 2 1/2 ounces. He's busy inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid, which will help develop the air sacs in his lungs. His legs are growing longer than his arms now, and he can move all his joints and limbs. That means his hands are more functional, too. Sweat glands are appearing, and although his eyelids are fused shut, he can sense light. If I were to shine a flashlight at my tummy, he might move away from the beam. There's not much for the baby to taste at this point, but his taste buds are beginning to form.


Everyone has been so generous since I got pregnant! My friend Holly is letting us borrow tons of stuff, including an exersaucer. My friend Laura got the baby its first Christmas clothes as well as some Christmas bibs. Not to mention all the ladies at church who have let me borrow a bunch of clothes!

Both moms have been really great. My mom has gotten me a bunch of girl clothes (there is a hot debate as to what the sex is right now!) and ONE boy's outfit :). We plan to go shopping in a few weeks after we know for sure. My mom-in-law bought us a changing table the other day and I can't wait for them to come and visit so that I can set it up!

0 comments:

The Number of People at My Party